Why Volunteer with the Family Futures Resource Network?
We have volunteer opportunities in program facilitation, co-facilitation, childcare, and special events.
Volunteering with us is a great way to:
- Gain experience for employment or education.
- Meet new people.
- Learn new skills.
- Have fun and give back to the community.
Our volunteer opportunities occur seasonally, which also includes special events. We recruit and place volunteers during the following months:
January | February | March | April | June | July | September | October | November | December
Considerations: We are committed to offering a professional and organized volunteer program. We take the time to match our volunteers to a job that is a good fit both the volunteer and the agency. We also take the safety of our clients, staff and volunteers seriously and therefore require that all staff and volunteers submit applications forms, participate in an interview, submit Police Security Checks, Child Welfare Investigative Searches, provide references and sign an oath of confidentiality.
We want your time as a volunteer to be meaningful and satisfying to you. It is important to give some thought to volunteering before accepting a commitment. It is important to remember that your contribution is important and that others are relying on you – so be sure to choose the right volunteer opportunity.
Some things that you may want to think about before making a commitment include:
- What do I know about the Family Futures Resource Network?
- Do I share the same values?
- Do I feel the work the agency is doing is important to the community?
- What do I hope to gain by volunteering with this agency? In this specific position?
- What skills or experience do I have to offer?
- Am I hoping to acquire any new skills at my volunteer position?
- How much of my time am I willing to set aside to be available for volunteering?
- Do I only want to commit to evenings, weekends, weekdays, or am I looking at helping only once with a big project?
- If I am involved in a program – can I commit for the entire duration of the program?
- Will I agree to participate in program evaluations, record my hours and communicate easily with staff and other volunteers
If you are interested, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 780-413-4521.
You can fill out an application form, complete it and email it to:
or mail it to:
5704 - 19A Avenue