Family Futures Resource Network is a non-profit organization whose mission is to build on the strengths of individuals and families through connection, support and education to create a better future.
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic, outgoing person who wants to make a difference in the lives of families and adults. The candidate will have extensive knowledge of web site management.
(Full-time, permanent position)
The Family Mentor works in the Family Mentorship Program and is responsible for supporting families in their homes. They work collaboratively with families to set goals for their children’s health and well being while utilizing a solution-focused approach. The Family Mentor builds strong trusting relationships and provides support in: linking families with other services, providing relevant information and resources, helping parents/ caregivers with child development, and assisting families with positive parenting strategies.
In-home support is provided to families with children up to the age of five and those with prenatal needs. The Family Mentorship Program offers support on a weekly basis for families who are parenting for the first time and are experiencing multiple stressors that may impact their ability to parent successfully. As families develop support systems and learn to manage crises, the support visits decrease.
- Minimum of a Post Secondary Diploma in a Human Services field.
- Three (3) years direct experience working with families and children, including those who are marginalized and/or culturally diverse.
- Ability to speak an additional language an asset.
- Solid knowledge of child development and family dynamics.
- Knowledge in maternal and infant health and knowledge in prevention of child abuse and neglect.
- Familiar with community resources to facilitate appropriate referrals.
- Experience providing support to families in their homes an asset.
- Team player. Computer literate. Proficient verbal and written English.
- Valid Police Information Check and Alberta Children’s Services Intervention Check.
- Access to a reliable vehicle.
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours/week; willing to work a flexible schedule, which includes daytime, evening, and a possibly weekend hours.
Forward resume and cover letter, as an expression of interest to:
Stephanie Belbin, Human Resource Supervisor
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 780-485-6815
Check back frequently for amazing career opportunities!