Family Futures Resource Network is a non-profit organization whose mission is to educate, support, and build on the strengths of families to enhance their well-being, through programs and collaboration.
Family Futures is EXPANDING and opening a new location in south east Edmonton! We are looking for experienced and passionate individuals. Check back soon for exciting career opportunities.
Family Mentorship / Early Years Facilitator
Full-Time Permanent Position / 37.5 hours/week
If you are an individual with a passion for building stronger families and building a better future for children. Consider a position with Family Futures Resource Network as a Early Years Facilitator/Family Mentor.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of a Post Secondary Diploma in a Human Services field.
- RSW designation would be an asset.
- 1-3 years experience working with families having challenges that may place their children's developmental needs at risk.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, strength based relationship building.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention and suicide intervention prevention techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of early childhood development.
- Experience in program facilitation, development, evaluation and data collection.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work as a team and independently.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain a caseload of approximately 9 families.
- Conduct weekly face to face visits, preferably in the home until the child reaches the age of 5.
- Facilitate programming aimed at the Birth-6 year age range.
- Create early childhood development programming and assist in the development of curriculum as required.
- Provide transition Outreach support.
- Collaborate with families to set goals for the children's health and well-being, assessing on-going support and developmental concerns and provide necessary resources.
- Provide information about proper child and family nutrition, child safety, positive parenting skills, coping and problem solving skills.
- Maintain accurate comprehensive documentation and record upcoming visits on a database.
- Participate in case conferences.
- Attend monthly supervision meetings.
- Utilize the Alberta Health Nurse for health related client concerns.
- Provide emergency basic need support when necessary (gift cards, taxi vouchers, bus tickets,etc.).
- Assist with the coordination of child care.
- Provide support and feedback to volunteers to encourage their learning.
- Access to a reliable vehicle
- Current certification in First Aid/CPR
- Valid Police Information Check and Alberta Children’s Services Intervention Check
The successful candidate will be eligible for health benefits after successfully completing a 3 month probationary period.
Hours of Work:
Full time position: 37.5 hours/week; willing to work a flexible schedule, which could include daytime, evening and Saturday hours.
The posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Forward resume and cover letter to:
Emma Stuart Campbell
Family Mentorship Supervisor